What Is The Role?
The Social Media Specialist is a crucial position so you will need to work well within cross-disciplinary teams and comfortable multi-tasking in a fast-paced environment where providing clients with a high-level service is expected.
You will be expected to show resourcefulness, exhibit accountability, and understand the role well enough to work independently and demonstrate initiative.
The Social Media Specialist should want to be an active participant in our internal and client meetings. You should plan to take a speaking role from day one, with an increasing level of contribution as your experience builds.
You will need to contribute in the planning, presenting, implementing and maintaining of social media campaigns across multiple clients.
- Execute new social media advertising campaign launches
- Track, report, and analyze advertising performance
- Optimize campaign bids, budgets, and ongoing tests
- Troubleshoot performance discrepancies
- Write ad copy for paid social marketing campaigns
- Provide targeting and budgeting recommendations for new campaign
- Perform cost-benefit research for social media marketing projects
Does This Describe You?
- Sense of humor
- Strong analytical skills
- Strong organizational skills
- Excellent written and communication skills
- Excellent Excel and PowerPoint skills
- Ability to work autonomously
- Two to three years of experience with Facebook advertising
- Two to three years of experience with LinkedIn advertising
- Familiarity with social media community management tasks
- Familiarly with Google Analytics is a plus
- Familiarity Google Ads is a plus
WHAT HAPPENS NEXT?
Apply below and we will review your application as soon as possible. Please note that due to the high level of applications we receive, it is not always possible for us to respond to each applicant in person.
Moving Traffic Media is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. Our agency is committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status.