Join a young digital agency to help service the search engine optimization needs of an existing roster of clients ranging from large, global brands to exciting, up-and-coming startups.
You are someone who actively stays on top of what’s really working and have strong opinions about the implications of strategic SEO approaches. Of course, you’re a data junkie and can perform magic with Excel to discover new opportunities and insights. You’re at home with all the usual tools: Ahrefs, MOZ, Google Search Console, Google Analytics, and plenty more. If you’re like us, you have cool browser add-ons that make you more productive.
We are looking for a quick learner who is highly organized and comfortable working across many projects. Everyone on our team balances working remotely, so if you are good at keeping yourself busy without constant oversight, please read on.
What is the Role?
The SEO Engineer is a crucial position so you will need to work well within cross-disciplinary teams and comfortable multi-tasking in a fast-paced environment where providing clients with a high-level service is expected.
You will be expected to show resourcefulness, exhibit accountability, and understand the role well enough to work independently and demonstrate initiative.
The SEO Engineer should want to be an active participant in our internal and client meetings and should have an interest in building customized solutions for both internal processes as well as complex technical SEO challenges.
You will need to contribute in the planning, presenting, implementing and maintaining of search engine optimization campaigns across multiple clients ranging from technical site auditing, keyword research, UX SEO considerations, competitive research, and more.
- Proactively monitor client SEO performance and surface opportunities.
- Perform detailed audits of clients’ web architecture to ensure the site is properly constructed to maximize visibility.
- Perform in-depth log file analysis to identify crawl issues.
- Engages with the client and the internal team to establish goals, objectives and strategies.
- Present client deliverables and results.
- Creates content recommendations for and research on multiple client verticals (e.g., automotive, financial, ecommerce, etc.).
- Contributes to department thought leadership (department blog, presenting industry topics internally).
- Craft heavily-researched keyword lists and documentation backed by multiple data sets for ensured relevancy and performance.
- Using Google’s Apps Script, automate spreadsheets, slide decks, etc.
- Based on client recommendations, code a proof of concept for implementation.
- Explore NLP and AI tools and solutions to identify content optimizations.
Does this Describe You?
- Sense of humor
- 5 years of relevant SEO experience
- HTML and CSS experience required
- Proficient with APIs and Google’s Apps Script
- Database skills such as MySQL or BigQuery
- Programming language such as Python or PHP required
- Excellent written and communication skills
- Excellent Excel and PowerPoint skills
- Ability to work autonomously
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Strong organizational skills
- 3+ years client facing experience at an agency
- Proficiency with Google Analytics and Google Search Console
What Happens Next?
Apply below and we will review your application as soon as possible. Please note that due to the high level of applications we receive, it is not always possible for us to respond to each applicant personally.
Moving Traffic Media is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. Our agency is committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status.
About Moving Traffic Media
We’re a young digital marketing agency providing search, social, and display advertising services to medium-sized businesses. Striving to create innovative moving strategies to help our clients get ahead in a constantly changing digital landscape, we differentiate ourselves from the rest of the pack with a customized approach and high-touch service. Our current client industries include a mix of finance, legal, retail, and healthcare.