SEO Content Strategist
Join a young digital agency to help service the search engine optimization needs of an existing roster of clients.
You are someone who actively stays on top of what’s really working and have strong opinions about the implications of strategic SEO approaches. Of course, you’re a data junkie and can perform magic with Excel to discover new opportunities and insights. You’re at home with all the usual tools: Ahrefs, MOZ, Google Search Console, Google Analytics, and plenty more. If you’re like us, you have cool browser add-ons that make you more productive.
We are looking for a quick learner who is highly organized and comfortable working across many projects.
Everyone on our team balances working from our White Plains, NY office with working remotely, so if you are good at keeping yourself busy without constant oversight, please read on.
What is the Role?
The SEO Strategist is a crucial position so you will need to work well within cross-disciplinary teams and be comfortable multi-tasking in a fast-paced environment where providing clients with a high-level service is expected.
You will be expected to show resourcefulness, exhibit accountability, and understand the role well enough to work independently and demonstrate initiative.
The SEO Strategist should want to be an active participant in our internal and client meetings. You should plan to take a speaking role from day one, with an increasing level of contribution as your experience builds.
Not only will you be expected to learn which topics are most relevant for our client’s target audience, but you will then use that knowledge to publish to the highest value opportunities for their business and constantly monitor performance to inform a hollistic overall SEO strategy.
- Plan new content verticals and optimize content strategy for increased organic visibility across a wide range of client verticals.
- Work with internal and client editorial teams to research and assign key content topics and optimize for maximum organic presence.
- Map out site architecture and content URLs for new and existing content in order to ensure optimal search visibility and user experience.
- Perform keyword research, grow client targeted keyword portfolios, plan new vertical content, and manage contract content to writers through editorial workflow.
- Monitor daily performance of site rankings with a focus on increasing and defending client rankings.
- Make recommendations and work with client developers to implement site architecture and design improvements with the goal of improved search visibility, page speed, and mobile-friendliness.
- Audit internal linking on an ongoing basis to improve the search visibility for our client’s highest value pages.
- Collaborate with various disciplines and partner agencies (content, social media, tech, business intelligence, etc.) to implement SEO strategies.
- Conduct competitor analysis to identify gaps in our content coverage and areas of opportunity.
Does this Describe You?
- Sense of humor
- Strong analytical skills
- Experience working with large brands driving outcomes for highly trafficked websites
- Passionate about SEO and proactive in staying up-to-date on all the latest trends and best practices
- Passion for data-driven problem-solving
- Excellent written and communication skills
- Excellent Excel and PowerPoint skills
- Ability to work autonomously
- Three to five years of relevant SEO experience
- 2+ years client facing experience at an agency
- Experience with industry tools (We’re super users of Google Analytics, Google Search Console, Moz, Screaming Frog, Ahrefs, and more!)
- Understanding of HTML/CSS
- Working knowledge of website technologies (AngularJS, React, HTML5) and CMS environments (WordPress, Shopify, Drupal, Magento) a plus
What Happens Next?
Apply below and we will review your application as soon as possible. Please note that due to the high level of applications we receive, it is not always possible for us to respond to each applicant in person.
Moving Traffic Media is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. Our agency is committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status.
SEO Content Strategist
NEW YORK / SEO / FULL-TIME